Basic steps of forgiveness
1) Guard your heart immediately after an incident. For two weeks, do not allow yourself to dwell on the incident at all!
2) Seek God’s help and ask Him to heal your wounds.
3) Start praying for the well-being of the offender.
4) As much as possible, don’t dwell on the incident.
5) relinquish all right of the offense to God.
6) Realize Jesus had more right than anyone to hold a grudge, but He still forgave. We must do no less.
7) Realize the actual offense against you was specifically paid for on the cross. It has been dealt with and we must act on that fact.