Jed Jefferson Sinco
- Since there is no such thing as purgatory, what will happen to our loved ones who don’t believe/ have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? – My parents are Buddhist/Roman Catholic/Taoist as of this day as long as they can breathe I am not going to loose hope that one day the Lord will bring them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. But if that time will not come, sad to say they are going to hell.
- How do we pray for them when they are dead? Are they doomed for eternity hell? – Once a person died, his soul will either go to heaven or hell. No prayer can change the fact that when they lived on earth the Lord anointed a time for them to hear and accept the Word of God. (Read Luke 16:19-31)
- If only God can let the Holy Spirit give us faith to believe in Him, what will happen to us if we aren’t chosen? Are we just to stay this way and go to hell? Can’t we do anything? – If we are not chosen, we are doomed to hell. But who no one can know if he/she is chosen or not because God will make it happen according to His perfect timing. Are you compelled to accept the Lord Jesus Christ? If so, you are chosen.
- How are we supposed to treat the Roman Catholic practices? (praying to saints and the virgin Mary as the intercessors of prayer) – Respect their belief, but correct them lovingly if the timing is right. Winning an argument will not let them listen and believe in the Bible but respecting them and communicate with them lovingly will through the works of the Holy Spirit.
- If we are saved, how do we know if we are truly saved? What if we think we’re saved but God didn’t choose us? Would we go to hell? – Do you truly accept Jesus as Lord and Savior? If so, can you prove it? Not that you will become perfect but in all your ways you will want to please God (Read Matt. 7:12-27). If you just believe in Christ as if using that belief as a license to go to heaven, then that is a false belief, and the notion that you are truly saved will only doomed you to hell. On the other hand, if you always want to please God then you are on the right track.