- When did the idea of purgatory first begin? – It begun a long time ago (but was rejected by the canonization committee), but resurfaced after Martin Luther questioned the practice of indulgence. Therefore, during the counter-reformation era, the Roman Catholic brought in the Apocryphal books to defend the teaching of purgatory.
- 2. Is there still fighting between Protestant and the Roman Catholic church today? – There is no more physical fighting between the Protestant and Roman Catholic. Today, people are more tolerant that before. We now respect one another’s belief.
- When will one be called a “saint”? – Once a person received Christ as his personal Lord and savior, a person is already called the saint of God.
- What exactly is the purpose of the 7 Apocryphal books? – already answered in question number 1.
- Why is the Pope seen as inerrant to (by) the Roman Catholics? – Better ask a Catholic priest to answer this and check it in the Bible if the Bible says Pope is inerrant. J